On 4th October 2019 a MoU was signed between RIPHAH University and Lifestyle Medicine Training Centre in Islamabad. Dr. Shagufta Feroz is the Director of RIPHAH Institute of Lifestyle Medicine- RILSM.
Lifestyle Medicine is the only preventive and therapeutic care movement adopted by WHO and active in about 48 countries.
This critical healthcare movement is motivated by research indicating that modifiable behaviors — especially physical inactivity and unhealthy eating — are major drivers of death, disease, and healthcare costs. While the medical profession is generally aware of this, there has yet to be a systematic and comprehensive effort to incorporate lifestyle medicine into standard patients, conduct research to demonstrate efficacy of lifestyle interventions, and to create a model for national adoption of Lifestyle Medicine.
Vision of RIPHAH Institute of Lifestyle Medicine
Holistically healthy Pakistani Nation.
Mission of RIPHAH Institute of Lifestyle Medicine
RILSM mission is to reduce lifestyle-related death and disease in society through clinician or allied health experts directed interventions with patients., which will ultimately lead to decrease healthcare cost.
- LMCC Objectives.
- Why there is a need for LM?
- LMEd LM.
- LM Global Alliance.
- What are NCD, prevention, management and reversal
- List of unhealthy lifestyle factors.
- Lifestyle Medicine and its components.
- SLP- a personalised lifestyle modification program
- Importance of Homeostasis regulation and body rhythms.
- Happiness Science.
- Discussion of clinical Cases.
Preventive for personal and family holistic health, Child healthcare, anti ageing, disease prevention, management and reversal of a chronic disease.
Doctors, medical students, nutritionist, pharmacists, physiotherapist, naturopaths, science graduates, and dentists.
Course Tution Fee
What is Included in Fee
- Book (Living as Nature Intended).
Required Documents for the Course
- ID card copy.
- Degree copy.
- Fee payment receipt.
Terms & Conditions For LMCCs To Start Clinical Practice
- One week of intensive or three months of slow pace LM internship at IHCC is compulsory, if LMCC wants to start a Lifestyle Medicine based clinic. It is not compulsory for those who are learning LM for self-care and for their family health. For doctors LSM can be part of their medical practice and internship is obligatory.
- LMCC are suppose to see about 100 patients with their detailed history forms in three months or in one week of intensive internship.
- LMCCs are suppose to finish their internship within 4 months of finishing their certification.
- Non medical or allied sciences coaches can only work in collaboration with a doctor, healthcare service provider or a nutritionist.
- Read and understand Dr. Shagufta Feroz’s book “Living as Nature Intended” before starting LM practice. SLP can give serious side effects, if it’s philosophy is not understood.
- Best way to learn about the SLP benefits is to start with self awareness and care, management of close family members, extended family and then management of public holistic health.
- CME is an integral part of LMCC and coaches need to attend at least one CME to maintain membership of the LMTC.
During this internship you practically learn about the importance of LM and it’s role in disease recovery. You get a chance to observe various aspects of LM like: The basic biometrics, health and lifestyle diseases, active living, culinary medicine, emotional well-being, positive psychology, happiness science in health, various addictions, sleep health, physical activity and brain health.
Cell numbers: 0321 8439362, 0334 4239530