SWIPE Child Food Plan
This food plan is applicable for age 3-8 yrs. If you have followed a healthy pre-conception, and pregnancy plan, your child must be healthy and free from frequent attacks of infections at this stage. Remember your child is turning into a human being with an awareness about his choices, or ego is being developed. Apply SWIPE 8-rules of diet correction since the young age, so that dietary discipline goes into their body roots. This discipline will protect them from repeated infections and will get optimum growth. Do not give food at a wrong time, otherwise they will apply mental block against food and will result in loss of appetite, food issues should be resolved after having mutual food discussions.
During school days make them get up one hour before the time they have to leave for school. Start their days with pre-breakfast, give them shower or let them run, or play or ride a bicycle for 10-15 minutes.
SWIPE Child Food Plan Eating Schedule
SWIPE CHILD PREBREAKFAST
SWIPE SCHOOL SNACKS
SWIPE HOME LUNCH
SWIPE EVENING SNACK
1. SWIPE CHILD PRE-BREAKFAST: 5-10 MINUTES AFTER WAKING UP
– Mix nuts
– Mix fruits
– Yogurt with cane sugar (warm in winters)
2. SWIPE CHILD BREAKFAST:
– Whole wheat bread or roti with egg, kabab, cutlet, cheese, fish, honey, nutella, peanut butter.
– French Toast.
– Stuffed Pratha (With Potato, Raw Sugar, Keema, Daal).
– Whole Grain Cereal.
– French Fries.
Green tea: 2-4 Table Spoons
3. SWIPE SCHOOL SNACKS:
– Sandwitch of same foods which were given for breakfast.
– Shakes or Hot Chocolate.
– Energy Bars.
– Mix Nuts
– Junk Foods
4. SWIPE HOME LUNCH
– Chapatti with desi ghee cooked curries and little yogurt.
– Egg noodles, whole grain pasta are other healthy food choices but avoid artificial sauces and taste enhancers.
– Fried rice or pulao.
– Brown rice with curry.
Green tea: 2-4 Table Spoons
5. SWIPE CHILD EVENING SNACK:
Avoid boiled rice, nan, raw salads, broiler chicken and beef
Start with clear broth or soups then have
– Roti with Curry and Raita
Green tea with raw sugar.
6. SWIPE POST DINNER SNACK (PDS):
Only If the gap between meal and sleep is of 3-4 hours or more and go to sleep soon after taking this snack.
– Raw Warm Milk with little Raw Sugar.
– Mix Fruits.
– Mix Nuts.
– For better bone and muscle growth give your child soups or yakhni or half boiled eggs especially in winters.
– Give them natural desserts for good brain development.
– Mix nuts should be part of their snack time. Make energy snacks with grains and nuts.
– Dry fruits like dates, raisins, berries, apricot, prunes or figs should be given at their snack time.
– Be careful about child milk intake, do not give them milk in breakfast alone or with foods, it is bad for their health.
FOODS WHICH SHOULD BE AVOIDED:
– Formula Milk.
– Processed Cereals, broiler chicken.
– Packaged juices, fizzy drinks and fruit concentrates.
– Avoid frequent intake of burgers, pizza, and chicken products
– Try to avoid allopathic medicines as much as possible, because they will make their liver dysfunctional and disease is seen at an early age. Children suffering from ADHD, autism, allergies are having dysfunctional liver. A dysfunctional liver makes a child cranky, restless and suffers from poor immunity. Take them to a qualified Homeopath or use natural remedies for their minor ailments.