1. SLP PRE SEHRI:
• Within first 2-3 minutes of waking up, only if there is an interval of 45min. between waking up and azan. For presehri you need to sleep at night otherwise take sehri directly and skip the pre-sehri. If you are following SLP take pre-breakfast as pre-sehri otherwise select from
the SLP adult food plan. Choose four options and take one option a day and follow a rotational pattern. If you wake up one hour before, then 30 minutes after first pre sehri take yogurt or lasi and 5 to 10 minutes later sehri can be eaten. If you do not sleep then skip first pre sehri and start from water and yogurt.
• Water intake is before sehri, therefore you can take 2-4 glasses between pre-sehri and sehri.
• Tea can be taken 5-10 minutes before taking sehri meal
2. SLP SEHRI:
• Do not take bakar khani, pheoni, pratha in sehri. Take roti or whole wheat bread with egg, kabab, potato cutlets or bhujia, cheese, butter, honey, salan or yogurton a four days rotational plan. Aloo ka pratha is better than the plain pratha, it can be taken only twice a week.
If you do not feel like eating heavy meal, you can opt between wheat daliya, milk shake, yogurt shake, yogurt and shaker but do take a very fulfilling sehri.
• Few sips of green Tea with little shaker after the sehri.
• Patients with various ailments can take the medicines after food with little water.
3. SLP AFTAR:
Avoid white flour products and do not mix sweet and salty foods together.
• If break your fast with sweet foods like dates, fruit chat, milk drinks, juices, lasi, shakes, cold coffee or lemonade then take your salty snacks or dinner after 30-60 minutes. Water or tea has to be taken before dinner. Take salty aftari with your dinner or break your fast with salty foods like pakorey, chana chat, dahi barey but no dates and drinks. Now fruits or desserts will come three and half hours after the dinner.
• Do not skip dinner because eleven months you body is in a habit of taking dinner. If you want to enjoy aftar parties only two days a week skip dinner and take a heavy aftari (pakorey, chana chat, dahibarey, kababs, cutlets, chicken, sandwiches, noodles or pasta).
• Frying should be in the mustard oil or desi ghee
4. SLP DINNER:
Routine meal which means roti or fried rice with salan, yogurt and kachumar and then little green tea with shakar.
5. SLP POST DINNER SNACK:
If awake for 3-4 hours after the dinner then can take warm milk with shakar, mix fruits, dessert or mix nuts before sleep.
6. WATER INTAKE:
You have to manage about 12-16 glasses of water in summer and about 10-12 in winter, and avoid taking water with or after the meals